Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Myk JL

Victim of Auction Sniping

9 posts in this topic

-_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

There's nothing you can do about it. It's a douchebag thing to do, but is technaclly legal. ><

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

There's nothing you can do about it. It's a douche bag thing to do, but is technically legal. ><
I can't do anything probably about the sniper or the website but I swear I will start a list of sellers who accept sniping bids over legitimate winning bids.

No Title II Net Neutrality, No Future.

I outsniped a sniper once. I was bidding on some headlights for my saturn a year or so ago and even tho I had the high bid for the entire 5 days the auction was going on for.. literally one hour before the auction ended a douchebag got on there and bid $1 over me. I bid again about 5 mins later and added $10, the douche waited until 10 mins before the end of the auction and did the same thing. So once again I bid $10 over him, then I waited until 5 seconds before the auction ended and bid and extra $3. Sure as hell that bastard put a bid in at the last second to for $1 more, but I caught his ass with my extra $3. but in the end I was screwed because the seller refused to sell his headlights to me saying that ebay screwed up and didn't set his minimum bid purchase correctly, etc. etc. I hate ebay. -_- I only buy posters and small shit there now.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

I sorta snipe myself now so I don't get sniped. I wait to the last minute and put my max bid in. If it doesn't beat the previous bidders max bid, I let it go cuz I'm not gonna pay more than I originally put in.

dvabanner.png

GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I love waiting till the last 40 seconds to place bids, and leave myself a few seconds only once I cross the max, and try to place a higher reserve so the other chaps can't get past even when they learn they were outbid with 20-15 seconds left.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

:nosebleed: I won! :bleedout: I won.... :huh: I won?

I set a trap for an auction sniper in hopes an auction sniper would win. but the auction sniper that showed up only pushed up the price on the software I would've honestly paid $100-$300 for last month to $89.88.

To a certain extent I'm happy. but on the other hand this isn't quite the same version of software. Now that I already paid for it I'm hoping it just works the as the software I thought it was.

No Title II Net Neutrality, No Future.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0