Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Tubeless toilet paper

http://dvice.com/archives/2010/10/tubeless-toilet.php

It's been a while since there's been a big time step forward in the world of toilet paper, but hoo boy, it's been worth the wait. That's because Kimberly-Clark is rolling out a new line of Scott TP that has no tube. What witchcraft is this?!

The rolls stay together with some sort of fancy "special winding process." This allows it to retain its shape, and every last piece of it is usable. Plus, there's no tube to throw away, so it saves waste.

The high-tech toilet paper is heading to Walmart and Sam's Club stores throughout the Northeast, with plans to expand from there if it does well. And really, how can it not?

Click the link to see a picture of the packaging... but heres a question for everyone. After reading the comments in the link, it seems like tubeless toilet paper has been around for a while now, but this is the first I've ever heard of it, how about you? O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

:huh:

I use to use Scott brand toilet paper when I had a bad memory of a person named Scott... so if I go back to Scott brand toilet paper would I go back to quietly dissing him?... Seriously I wiped my *** with his name...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I wonder if they'll somehow make tubeless paper towels next. That would be even more revolutionary. :P

I just hope the last couple pieces of toilet paper aren't hardened sand paper pieces used to solidify the roll. There could be a lawsuit on their hand because you know someone would hurt themselves with sand paper pieces just to get some money.. like that mcdonalds coffee lawsuit all those years ago.

I saw the tubeless toilet paper today... the middle does not seem to retain its shape at all without the tube. The picture is misleading, because from the packages I saw, the middle parts of the tubes were just squished inward. I'm guessing the roll would flop around on the toilet paper holder and not spin like a normal tubed roll would.

I've been to heck and back with Scott tissue. it really is what is best for a septic tank but there was a time I couldn't support Kimberly Clark because of their trashing of ancient forests. The Kleer Cut campaign ended their crappy stewardship of the environment

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers