Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Ultimate Spider-Man (details)

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/17257.html

The first big news story to emerge out of the worldwide, TV-focused media conclave that is MIPTV is that Marvel Entertainment has greenlit a new Spider-Man animated series, which will be known, in a reference to the popular modernized chronicle of Spider-Man’s adventures that debuted in comic book form in 2000, as Ultimate Spider-Man. The new series will chronicle Peter Parker’s transition from a wise-cracking teen to a hero with a definite sense of responsibility who can hold his own with other Marvel superheroes who will join him in this series of animated adventures that is set to debut on the Disney XD Channel in the fall of 2011.

The Ultimate Spider-Man series provides more evidence of the driving force behind Disney’s acquisition of Marvel. Disney wants to replicate the tremendous success that it has had in reaching girls on cable with its boy-centric Disney XD channel (see “Toon Disney to Become Disney XD”), and the new Spider-Man series, like the previously announced Avengers cartoon that is joining the XD lineup this fall (see “Avengers Series on Disney XD”) is just the kind of programming that can accomplish the task.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/18087.html

Veteran animation producer (and comic book writer) Paul Dini (Batman Animated) is joining the production team for the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series that is slated to debut on the Disney XD cable channel in the fall of 2011.

Dini is joining an impressive creative team for the series that includes Ben 10 creatores the “Man of Action” group (Duncan Rouleau, Joe Casey, Steven T. Seagle, and Joe Kelly), who will handle the bulk of the scripting for the 26-episode series, which like the Brian Bendis comic book series upon which it is based, will endeavor to bring Peter Parker into the modern age (see “Ultimate Spider-Man Animated Series).

Dini told MTV, which broke the news of his involvement in the series, that the Ultimate Spider-Man shows would pair Spidey with new and different Marvel characters and not just recycle the same old Spider-Man villains. Dini, who had just met with Jeph Loeb and the USM creative team, also indicated that the series would have a whole new look: “We're also taking a much different approach visually with the way we show how Spider-Man moves and works and acts within this new world. It's going to be a complete change as far as the visualization of what it's like to be Spider-Man.”

They better make this a long term series, because if they're just going to keep rebooting spider-man and x-men I'll be done with watching any more marvel cartoons. This series actually sounds like it'll be more similar to that older spider-man cartoon (1994) that actually had cross-overs in it. Now that was a good series.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

the constant reboots pisses me off, as you get the same story over and over

dont they get it yet.

People want arcs that dont have pointless fillers, but have a flowing story at a decent pace, and consistent air times of new episodes

the 1994 series of xmen and spiderman were and still are awesome, they both employed long flowing arcs, where something carried over to the next

also remember those anime-marvel animations comeing, there will be more then just Ironman and Wolverine

Blade will get his own

Iron Man - In an effort to make amends for his weapons manufacturing past, Tony Stark has dedicated himself to building the world up rather than tearing it down. Traveling to Japan to build a new arc reactor that will deliver unlimited free energy to the Japanese people, Stark is challenged by the Japanese government and the media when he attempts to import the necessary nuclear priming device. And when the reactor-in-construction is repeatedly attacked by the mysterious Zodiac consortium, Stark must gather his allies to take on Zodiac and its mastermind.

X-Men - The X-Men are reunited following the death of a teammate, and are summoned by Charles Xavier to Japan following the abduction of Hisako Ichiki (Armor). There, they confront the U-Men, a lunatic cult that steals and transplants mutant organs to further strengthen their own army, and the battle for justice is on.

Wolverine - Based on the popular graphic novel by Frank Miller, the series begins in Japan, where Logan is challenged by Shingen Yashida, the notorious leader of a powerful mafia clan. When Shingen's employee Yukio, a female assassin, falls out of Shingen's favor, she must kill him or be killed. Teaming up with Logan, the pair seek out the villain to exact their revenge.

Blade - Eric Brooks -- known as Blade -- seeks revenge on Deacon Frost, the vampire lord who killed his mother while she was still pregnant with Eric. With all the powers of a vampire and none of their weaknesses, Blade's quest leads him throughout Southeast Asia in search of Frost, and, in Vietnam, he discovers a vampire plot that threatens to take down the whole world.

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''