Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Senate GOP blocks campaign disclosure bill

DISCLOSE Act was Democrats' response to earlier Supreme Court decision

With Obama's support, Democrats crafted the campaign finance bill in response to a Supreme Court decision in January that overturned federal and state limits on independent expenditures by corporations to support or oppose candidates.

The Democratic-backed bill would require corporate as well as union and advocacy group leaders to disclose their names in campaign ads rather than allow so-called front groups to take responsibility for the political advertising.

Assistant Senate Democratic Leader Dick Durbin pointedly noted that many Republicans had earlier favored more disclosure.

But this year, Durbin said, "They're betting that most of these ads are going to be on behalf of their candidates and against Democrats. That's what it comes down to."

Repuk dem Martian I dun fuckin care

we have a right to know whose money is buying our govt

The sith lords...erm I mean supreme court totally skull fucked campaign finance reform

Apparently MORE repukes need to be voted out in November so we can get some fucking version of this bill passed

I dun want multinational oil companies picking our leaders anyfuckinmore

Republicans voted against even debating the DISCLOSE Act Tuesday, blocking the attempt to blunt the impact of the unpopular court ruling that allows corporations spend limitless dollars on U.S. elections.

[ame=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/vp/38439176#38439176]Rachel Maddow Show[/ame]

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I can't wait for November, I really think the Dems are going to trounce the repukes. The more the right opens its mouth and explains what they want to do, the more the moderates and those on the left pull back. Give them enough rope, they'll hang themselves.

Khellv2.jpg

Sign in to follow this