Kite

New Season of Berserk.. Maybe

BUMP.

Confirmed that they're making a movie or series of movies that will follow the manga, HOPEFULLY.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I would've ideally preferred them to slowly release high quality OVA's like the Hellsing ones that're out there. True to the manga with no compromise on the nudity or blood!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

^ Voices are all different.

Official Cast below -

Guts: Hiroaki Iwanaga (Tomica Hero Rescue Force, Moyashimon, Kamen Rider OOO)

Griffith: Takahiro Sakurai (Toriko, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai.)

Casca: Toa Yukinari (Grey's Anatomy dubbing, Naruto Shippūden)

Staff:

Director: Toshiyuki Kubooka (Batman: Gotham Knight episode 5)

Screenplay: Ichiro Okouchi (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion)

Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Naoyuki Onda (Gantz)

Animation Director: Satoshi Iwataki (Toaru Majutsu no Index)

Art Director: Yusuke Takeda (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex), Goki Nakamura (Cat Soup), others

Art Setting: Mitsuhiro Arita (Final Fantasy XI), others

World Setting Supervisor: Kenichi Iwao (Final Fantasy XI/XIV)

Western Swordsmanship Coach: Jay Noyes (Final Fantasy XII)

HD Trailer with English subs by a pal of mine

[ame]

[/ame]

A few pictures from a recent exhibition

303556_2356070505563_1364222559_2778811_3792972_n.jpg

382574316.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1314735025&Signature=%2B3Nvc98rWp1Hyn6EX8Ah%2BwCRfDc%3D

I personally am not a fan of the casting but a promo with some of the va's is going to come out pretty soon and I guess I'll know then whether or not I like the va's or not. There's a lot of inconsistencies I noticed from the trailer itself, so here's hoping they don't screw it up!

Well ...

05.jpg

Looks like he's on the hill where he fights off Carcus and crew + Griffith right before joining the Band Of The Hawks ... he wasn't wearing a helmet in the manga. Plus the CGI on his helmet looks weird in the close-up.

Then ...

02.jpg

Griffith and Guts are wearing different armor/ clothing completely. PLUS, BIG DEALBREAKER - Guts' sword is wrong. He was supposed to leave his broken sword and his breastplate behind for Casca ...

01.jpg

... and this could also mean that he never broke his sword when he fought Boscone, which is silly to remove from the series if you're saying you will adapt it truly. That scene of Casca's is important because she realizes how much she misses him even more and that he left. The 97 anime got the sword right though!

04.jpg

His horns are completely wrong. Also the scene just before he flies off has Guts in the background in the manga, which's also there in the 97 anime but not in this one, or doesn't appear to be the same way from what I've seen so far.

06.jpg

Who's this!?! Hahaha ... well she could either be the old lady who gets Griffith to go for his dream OR the fortune teller that we see later on around Vol 11/ 12. I'm gonna go with the former, even though she's supposed to be spinning a wheel and she's not + her ward~robe's completely off, let alone character design.

From their website -

07.jpg

Guessing that's the scene where he saves Casca at the beginning. Griffith's armor looks wrong as usual and Casca doesn't have sleeveless clothing. Also, that particular scene should have the Nobleman in the background, unless it's just a teaser? In the manga, Griffith tells the Nobleman to back off and then throws the sword for Casca.

08.jpg

Prolly from the first time DA MAN meets with Guts ... Guts isn't nekkid in the manga during this scene X'D

Ah.. so its not keeping exactly to the manga in terms of clothing and armor and over all design. The cgi-ness looks a bit weird too. I dunno.. as long as the story is correct I could let some of that slide tho. Didn't Gutts have a large sword when he was fighting griffith? I was pretty certain he did. I know his main large sword broke but I'm sure he left with another one because he cut griffith's sword in that fight.

Did you see that other picture depicting the revised casca rape scene? it had griffith wearing a condom! wtf!? that ruins the plot line!

:P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Is that spoiler true?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is that picture?!!! WHHHHHHEEERRRREEEEEEEE!!!!!!! X'D

Yeah the story shouldn't be tinkered with but with these small inconsistencies in just about a minute's worth of footage isn't really telling a good side of things. The sword in the manga is the huge, but the hilt is different. The one he's holding in the new movie is actually part of the broken sword which I referenced a manga clip of Casca holding, let me look for the exact page to give you the exact idea ... uhhmmm ... traa laa laa laa ... AHA!

03.jpg

See ^_^

Now if the implication is that they aren't going to show Boscone then they are changing more than just the clothing in terms of story. Also, that old hag in the manga plays a completely different role than the old hag in the 97 anime. The 97 anime's old hag had the correct look from the manga BUT her role was altered. The new movie has the old hag with the wrong look and it looks like her role is similar to the wrong one in the 97 anime. So, it's a bit of a toss but we'll see in a few months X'D.

Notice (int he trailer) there's a clip of Griffith in his white armor. In actuality it's something he wears waaaay after the eclipse aka it's from the Millenium Falcon arc aka when Griffith is back in human form after the Millenium Behelit (the egg-Apostle who sacrificed himself to be the Millenium Behelit and all those people during the Mozgus arc) is used to make him reborn in the human realm versus the God realm aka as Femto. So, if the movies are covering the Golden Age arc into 3 parts, that armor of his is from waaaay beyond that arc. Why's it in the trailer?! X'D

Edited by Godgrave

Wow.. that is way off then. Maybe those are teasers/spoilers indicating that they going to go past the golden age arc with additional movies? It would be awesome to see the movies actually go all the way to the rebirth of griffith in human form. At least then it would finally get past the birth of Femto that the original series ended at.. And all those people that never read the manga just assumed that was how the entire story ends. Everyone is dead and Gutts is just some wanderer.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

They initially indicated having a series of movies over the next few years that would cover all the manga, so I'm hoping there's more OVA's BUT I rather have them make them the right way than have any made at all, you know? When you've read the manga, you realize the shortfalls in the 97 anime and there's A LOT of bad that happened in the anime!

This just aired in Japan ... and it's got the va's of the movie render their voices.

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

Both ads are basically prompting the Japanese buyer to get the new volume (manga) that comes out tomorrow (officially) and that the new movie's coming up.

Yeah, but they keep improving on what they show so I have some hope for it in terms of just the look. In terms of story or character armor accuracy, it's off. That one scene where Griffith and Guts fight Zodd - Griffith doesn't have his helmet on in the manga for that scene. I hope there aren't too many lame slo-mo movies like the movie 300/ Watchmen/ Sucker Punch/ Snyder~ation.

NEW Trailer for the movie -

in 1080p glory!

The CG parts look ... 'MEH' and that Guts attack cutting off Zodd's arm looks so dramatic and SUPER QUICK, as if he had no battle damage until that point X'D. There are a few more inconsistencies but I'm not going to think of it as an accurate depiction of the manga, like they proclaimed it would be.

the CG doesn`t look to good to me either, can`t say i`m fond of it. Griffith looks very feminine but we must remember the japanese have a different view of things, we the western world are seeing things through their perspective. The movie looks good, although i see it being very ``hollywood`` as in they are not going to have the proper ending, but more of a happy ending type of thing or leave room for the next one, but I highly doubt they will have the brutal scenario we know and love.

"A Devil disguised as an Angel"