Kite

New Season of Berserk.. Maybe

Rumours are flying, could be a new game or anime

If the manga is set to end in the next couple years, it could be a good time to make an Anime, people are more open to Anime then ever before,

with modern games the screens could easily be from a new game or anime, either would be awesome

if it is a Game i just hope for a UK release

also Berserk with modern animation ^^

shame the dubb would be different actors given the time difference from the original anime till now,

the Eng dubb was amazing, (you dubb haters need to be open minded)

Also the new anime could simple be a 90min feature as opposed to a full blown series

Here are the screens

2e1bt4j.jpg

5dtm4m.jpg

11lo6lf.jpg

1250217060961.jpg

Edited by Kite

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

That looks like a game because you can't get screenshots of the series for scenes waaay into the story of the series, like the Zodd pic, the Caska pic post Femto's birth, however, it could be pics from a new series if they start off where the first series left us at. I think that'd be sort of a bummer because I wanted it to start the way the manga does, with Puck and then progress through. They have enough material to last 2 years worth of series episodes, and there's a big cult following either way, so it's a good time to bring in the old fans, AND gather some noobs as well. Personally, I'll be a snob and hope they don't make it unless they're true to the manga, and the art isn't shitty. No compromise please, or don't make it bitches! I love it too much to see it drop low, like One Piece did for me.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Hopefully you're wrong because those screen-shots are about a year old. There was a rumor back in 06, and last year.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I would love to see anything new with Berserk.

The only games for berserk that I remember are the one for the Dreamcast (which I have, hehehe), and the ps2 game that was only released in japan in 2004.

eHmb75X4V9Y

I wish I had that game. But anyway, I hope its a new series, or season or OVA.. I just don't want this to turn out to be another game that never gets released outside of japan again.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-09-27/new-berserk-anime-project-launching

The wraparound jacket band on the 35th volume of Kentarou Miura's Berserk fantasy manga is announcing this month that a new anime project is launching. More information will be provided in Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine and the affiliated Young Animal Web site. The manga has been running in Young Animal since 1989. Oriental Light and Magic and VAP already adapted the story into a 25-episode television anime series from 1997 to 1998, and Media Blasters released this earlier anime in North America. Dark Horse Comics and Digital Manga Publishing are publishing the 34th manga volume this month. Dark Horse Comics describes the manga as the following:

His name is Guts, the Black Swordsman, a feared warrior spoken of only in whispers. Bearer of a gigantic sword, an iron hand, and the scars of countless battles and tortures, his flesh is also indelibly marked with The Brand, an unholy symbol that draws the forces of darkness to him and dooms him as their sacrifice. But Guts won't take his fate lying down; he'll cut a crimson swath of carnage through the ranks of the damned — and anyone else foolish enough to oppose him! Accompanied by Puck the Elf, more an annoyance than a companion, Guts relentlessly follows a dark, bloodstained path that leads only to death … or vengeance.

[Via Earl.Box, raito-kun, AICN Anime]

Update: More background information added.

*sigh*

I wish you were right about that, but you're not because this time they seem serious about it. I hope they 1. stick to the manga and not the way they sort of butchered parts in the old series 2. stick to consistent and good animation, uncensored as is seen in the manga.

I hear there's finally going to be a new season of Berserk and I

[ame]

[/ame]

:goodjob:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Here's a bit of info to tingle your senses ... they released 2 promo videos ...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl3aYeMDvp0[/ame]

and

[ame]

[/ame]

I'm not too fond of the second one where they've used CGI, and Zodd looks awesome swapping the soldiers I admit, but where's the fracking blood. Berserk's all about blood! Also, after he gets mid-air, he flies off a little funny, but it's a lot better than the old series flying scene imo.

You have got to see if this is just another hoax or if they're serious about it. Here's something to chew -

-Volume 35's slipcover indicates a new animated project telling everyone to stay on top for more information.

-The Berserk official corner site's revamped with a "Commercial Film" section, where they give out a few details of the scheduled commercial releases.

-The Twitter account's created posting updates on these CM's

-They broadcast a 15-second clip on NTV at around midnight Wednesday in Japan, featuring animated scenes from scattered portions of the manga, ending with a promotion for vol 35's release.

In fact, there has been no indication of what the animation project is going to be about. They haven't even used the words 'animated series' in any of their promotions. It could very well be a marketing strategy for the release of the new volume.

Yeah, it's a scene from Season 1, so it could either be a flashback OR they're doing the series all over again from the start, true to the manga. I'd like that BUT I don't think it'll happen.

Sledge, you need to read the manga. Griffith looks exactly the same!

okay mutherfuckers should I be getting excited or not damnit????

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

hope the FMA Bh this shit up

make it awesome, close to the manga

Griffith is ment to look angelic and gutts like a monster, it is the yin yang of it, brothers drawn to one another, then their ideals force them apart, the monster becomes the hero the hero becomes the monster (literally)

Berserk is so so amazing on so many levels.

sigpic1620_11.gif

he's just so bad assssssssssssssssssssssss

fuck it I'll get excited cuz any which way ya slice it I'm gonna see awesome killin

fuck

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

i wonder if Gatts is part demon, i mean he was born from a corpse hanging from a tree and no mention of his father

his ears are slightly pointed when enraged and teeth always look more fang like

wonder if it is intentional

sigpic1620_11.gif

That's just the way to depict him (the art) when he's pissed. Like a scratchy face, elongated all super pissed off, doesn't mean he gets that way in reality.

Being a HUGE fan of the series, I am trying to get as much info as I can and only hope it isn't butchered like the first series on so many levels except the a bit of the animation. CG is teh suck, I wouldn't prefer it.

Guts isn't part demon as far as I can tell, but there is a mythical element when it comes to his birth. Disclosure of a father wouldn't have to be necessary come to think of it, we don't know Griffith's parents either, all we know is he's an orphan.

gatts has an inhuman tolerance for pain, strength, and all around baddassness

could be an interesting twist if his father turns out to be a member of godhand or zoad ;p

then again do we really need his lineage to be special for gatts to be over 9000 awesome

i loved the 1st season, was so amazingly done, they left parts out, such as gutts being raped as a boy.

compared to the manga it could have been better, but given when it was made, many animes wernt true to the manga, but i think there learning from that with modern anime

sigpic1620_11.gif

It'll take a while for that Lady, well we won't know till they get to Elfheim ;)

Yeah Kite, about his birth - I think it just goes to show the reader that from the time he was born, through his childhood, he's always been a struggler of sorts. In the world of the series, it takes a lot for someone who has no lineage to go as far as he did. We all know that one can't be born off a corpse, the baby usually dies as quickly as the mother. But, if she was hanged, and cut open, it's plausible.

The story on the first series was butchered. I didn't realize it till I read the manga because I was introduced to the series first. Regardless, I've rewatched it soo many times because it's fun. Wyald's EPIC battle isn't there in the series, and many many smaller things, look at the first episode for instance, there's a few extra panels right there!