Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Movies

okay akira and I live in oakville (hella close to mississauga) and HMV, Bestbuy, Future Shop, and comic book stores sometimes have them as well (comic connections or something in oakville)

aomsehri \|/

This post is definitely my greatest contribution to the site.

I'm stuck in the mid-west state of Kansas, and there is nothing here. Like Lady and Sledge, I buy mine online mostly, but every now and then I hit up Best Buy, but they're really expensive on most of their stuff, plus their selection is about half the size it used to be.

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

That's the first time I've heard of a "Wallscroll" and actually seen one ^_^, that's a pretty good website, a little pricey but I could afford it when I start working for sure :P

But I'm glad there's a good collection of soundtracks on the site, I may have to give up buying my metal cd's for a while *tears*

I told me pal to go to HMV, Best Buy, Sunrise, and Future Shop (from what Hydra posted) and I'm waiting for his response.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

To go for the nearest convention, I'd have to literally fly to another country ^_^ heh. But, conventions are good and I've heard very little of them. I'm guessing it's more like a sale or something ? Wolf's Rain had a good theme ... soundtracks I'm looking for are Inu Yasha, Samurai X, e'X-D, Naruto, Cyberooq, Get Backers, Silent Mobius ... I could go on with a huge list heh.

But that's an awesome deal you got there Hell_Cat

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I thought so too, yeah I already had the Inuyasha Soundtracks, they're really good too. Hellsing's was a bit odd, and took me awhile to get used too. It's like a cross between Jazz and J-Pop, but it's cool none the less. ;)

I've always wanted to go to Otakucon, unfortunatly I'd have to fly to get there lol. I did get to attend Conneticon last summer, I was in CT anyway staying with my aunt for the summer, and it was only 30min away. I had a total and complete blast. I also got to meet a lot of awsome people, like the creator of VGCats, he even drew me a personal comic lol :happy:

Otakon's a convention for all sorts of anime ? So what does happen once you get there ? Are there special screenings of anime, sales of dvd's/ soundtracks and all that sort ? I've seen a couple of people on websites dress like their favorite anime characters ^_^ too. Are you guys gonna be doing that Sledge ?

They usually have some more around the summer time down there.

Yeah, I took lost of pictures of the awsome cosplayers, they even act out some of the scenes lol. They have screenings, games, sales, and so much more. More so, it's just getting together with other anime lovers and talking about the shows you love. :happy:

Alrighty then ! It's been a year since you guys last recommended movies in here.

Any more recommends you might've come across this past year ? I know Advent Children's superb on graphics, and/but other than that ?

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Princess Manonoke

Gantz

Tenchi Muyo the Movie: Tenchi in Love

Gungrave

Full Metal Alchemist the Movie

Inuyasha the Movie 3: Sword of the Honorable Ruler

Inuyasha the Movie 4: Fire on the Mystic Island

Twelve Kingdoms

Grenadier

Kiddy Grade

Grave of Fireflies

Tokyo God Fathers

Final Fantasy Advent Children

Wolf's Rain

Apple Seed

If I think of more I'll post them okee :happy:

This may be off topic but, does anyone know where to get the Evangelion-Death and Rebirth DVD's? Because everywhere I look I can't find them anymore and I have to take it to one of the anime club meetings

Don't even bother getting it. It's nothing more then an over drawn recap episode. I was glad I only rented it. End of Evengelion was cool but I hated the ending. *shoots GAINAX for making crappy endings.*

Back on topic:

Spriggan was good.

Akira is a must.

Spirited was good.

Castle in the Sky was good too.

Life tastes like kittens. I like kittens!

Thanks guys ! My mum's pal's son is coming down this Tuesday from Can and he's already bought Appleseed without even asking me :P ... which's good cos it's in your lists ! I'll ask him other titles ... only problem I forsee is the price since if I know him, he'll pick them up from HMV. I've checked HMV's online store out and it'll drill a hole in pocket.

If nobody buys, prices will come down automatically. But the economy of your countries is such that your purchasing power is really high, which allows you to buy things even if they're a lil expensive. Cool ... ^_^

Hehe I saw Black Sheep when it came out on dvd, decent I guess .. had it's moments, but the end was a little disappointing : p ... but doood, I'm talking anime movies here X'D!!

How's Paprika?