Sign in to follow this  
Kite

Andrew Garfield lands Spider-Man role

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/07/03/british-actor-andrew-garfield-lands-spider-man-role-115875-22378622/

andrew-garfield-pic-getty-343879643.jpg

A little-known British actor has beaten big-name rivals to snare the role of Spider-Man.

Andrew Garfield, 26, is the surprise choice to play the superhero in a new 3D Hollywood blockbuster when filming begins in December.

Director Marc Webb said: "Mark my words, you will love Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker.

"Though his name may be new to many, those who know this young actor's work understand his extraordinary talents."

Andrew is believed to have seen off contenders including British actors Jamie Bell, who shot to fame in Billy Elliot and Kick-Ass star Aaron Johnson.

Andrew won a Bafta in 2008 for his powerful role as a childkiller haunted by his memories in the Channel 4 drama Boy A. He also starred in the film The Other Boleyn Girl and appeared in Channel 4 triology Red Riding as journalist Eddie Dunford.

He made his modelling debut in Vogue magazine last year, appearing alongside Lily Cole.

Andrew was born in Los Angeles, his mother was from Essex and his father Californian. His family moved back to England when he was three.

The actor went to the City of London Freemen's School and did his training at the Central School of Speech and Drama.

Avi Arad, one of the producers on the Spider-Man franchise said: "We believe we have found the perfect choice for this role to lead us into the future."

The new Spider-Man movie is scheduled for release on the big-screen in 2012.

Former Spider-Man star Tobey Maguire and director Sam Raimi, who made three hit Spider-Man films together, are reported to have quit amid story and scheduling issues over the fourth movie.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/07/03/british-actor-andrew-garfield-lands-spider-man-role-115875-22378622/#ixzz0skSpUuZ5

personally i dont think he looks the role

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I heard about this the other day. What a croc of shit. Not only does he no look the part, hes almost 27.... how does a 27 year old play a high school student!? :wtf:

[ame=http://forums.ancientclan.com/showthread.php?t=9958]Spider-Man 4 canceled! Teenager reboot version in the works instead... wtf - Ancient Clan Forums[/ame]

I think even degrassi cuts off the high school actors at 22. :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

hes almost 27.... how does a 27 year old play a high school student!? :wtf:

Spider-Man 4 canceled! Teenager reboot version in the works instead... wtf - Ancient Clan Forums

Yeah, but this's Hollywood! Like, even the high school kid in Kick-Ass in the green suit is actually a lot older, and is dating a 40 something year old mother X'D

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

They want an older guy for 1 reason, to have an older babe as the eye candy

If it had an actual 16 year old lead male and female as there meant to would mean actual work on the dialogue and real acting chops as opposed to eye candy

I dont think he looks the role, he looks like a lanky dr who

sigpic1620_11.gif

I heard about this the other day. What a croc of shit. Not only does he no look the part, hes almost 27.... how does a 27 year old play a high school student!? :wtf:

Spider-Man 4 canceled! Teenager reboot version in the works instead... wtf - Ancient Clan Forums

also they sign you up for a trilogy, one film every other year, so he will be pretty old

on that note, Tom Welling is about 10 years older then his character Clark Kent in Smallville

sigpic1620_11.gif

I wouldn't have mind seeing a new spider-man series but considering they are picking someone probably twice the age of spider-man starting out kinda annoys me. There are actors that are younger that could of filled spider-man shoes but this guy also looks too goofy for the role; maybe their trying to make him someone more socially ackward to the point that even his looks are unappealing, yet acceptable enough to give him an attractive female counter part that will no doubt look like a supermodel. Of course, seeing how they have some horrible teenage actors that keep making media headlines and horrible films they could have done worse.