Skytiger

Commissioning

Some of you may remember me, it's been a while since I last was active here. But I felt this would be the best place to ask this question: I was wondering how all of you do your commissions. How do work out pricing, paying and ever other things. I have never done any thing of the nature and would like to know how to get started.

I was also looking into it as a way of doing self employment or at least adding to my current income. I have many creative talents, I have found out many of them through trial and error, and would like to make money doing what I love doing. I have read and have a couple of books on self-employment and working with your fandoms, but need some practice information on some of it.

Any help is useful and I welcome any ideas. Thanks in advance for all your time. Sorry if this should be put somewhere else but it seemed fitting since it was about art.

Normally, each 'job' is handled on an individual basis; pricing would depend on the difficulty of the job, of course, and payments would be handled by PayPal. For artwork, you would get the client to give you a rough idea of what they wanted from you: background color/design; specific imagry to work with (including links to them if they want specific existing pictures used) and a general thought on size and final composition of the image. Personally, I'd give them up to three roughs to get feedback, and then finalize the rough that was closest to what they want.

I know this is an old ass post, but it caught my eye, and I thought I throw this out there...hope it helps!

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!