Dubird

In defense of religion...

^ have faith..more for your sexy zoroastrian women who can't wait to be your bride :glasses:
Hahaha! I wish, slippers, Lady, I so wish >_>'

By the way, this is a figure including the Zoroastrians in Iran/ Persia who didn't leave when we were asked to by the Muslims. I only know of a decent sized populous in Canada, USA, UK, Australia, India, and Germany. By few, I mean maybe 250/300,000 if you added em all up.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I agree. I've been saying this for years and Atheists attack me not even knowing what I believe in simply because I call this observation into account. The same thing happens when anyone says anything about gay people. It always somehow turns into "You are such a homophobe". It pisses me off how sensitive people are about EVERYTHING now.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I agree. I've been saying this for years and Atheists attack me not even knowing what I believe in simply because I call this observation into account. The same thing happens when anyone says anything about gay people. It always somehow turns into "You are such a homophobe". It pisses me off how sensitive people are about EVERYTHING now.
Can you please define this observation.

What does it have to do with homophobia if at all.

And what exactly are people so sensitive that has you offended.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Can you please define this observation.

What does it have to do with homophobia if at all.

And what exactly are people so sensitive that has you offended.

I'm referring to Dubird's first post (ie. people trying to push their Atheist beliefs on me).

It doesnt have anything to do with homophobia. I was just pointing out another subject that is very similar to this whole Religious people vs Atheists crap. Everyone is sensitive about subjects like these and cant keep an open mind. You say one thing against what they think and you end up with a whole shit storm of apposition with wiki links and videos of "proof" that their right and your wrong. Seriously, do people really get their jollys off arguing over things like this?

The sad thing is I only see this type of crap on the Internet where people are safe behind their monitors.

sig.php

not everyone leaves their beliefs online

from the MoveOn activist lady who got stomped by a Rand supporter to the mormons that knock on yer frigin door. Loonies are killing themselves and others for their deity, none of these people are leaving it online they are living it in the real world

I'm an atheist and I don't push anything because as an atheist I have nothing to push. It is enough for me to point out to whatever religious nutter is beating me up w Jesus or Mohammad or whoever the disturbing, disgusting and scientific inaccuracies in text they believe were dictated to prophets by an all knowing super being *cough*

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

So is it wrong to happy with the church you go to? Im no religious nut and I sure don't push things on people but I do like the church I go to and I do like singing in the choir :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

I'm referring to Dubird's first post (ie. people trying to push their Atheist beliefs on me).

It doesn't have anything to do with homophobia. I was just pointing out another subject that is very similar to this whole Religious people vs Atheists crap. Everyone is sensitive about subjects like these and cant keep an open mind. You say one thing against what they think and you end up with a whole shit storm of apposition with wiki links and videos of "proof" that their right and your wrong. Seriously, do people really get their jollies off arguing over things like this?

The sad thing is I only see this type of crap on the Internet where people are safe behind their monitors.

If you are just referring to say a personal god then, okay. But what proof do you have that this personal god exist?

And a problem being this personal god isn't really personal, but in most cases a God belonging to a major religion such as Christianity.

So when someone goes & says their personal god is the Christian god & the bible is proof of the Christian god then there tend to be major differences between the two. Or in other cases contradictions are written directly in the bible itself.

Usually the Christian god is labeled as this omnipotent, omniscient, all loving being thwarted by the devil who is a lesser being that he created.

First contradiction is an omnipotent being can't be thwarted by a lesser being. If they in fact can be then said omnipotent being isn't omnipotent.

Second contradiction an omniscient being not having infinite awareness, understanding, and insight can't be omniscient. And usually the Christian god turns out not to be as such in the bible. Although he will still be labeled as omniscient.

Third contradiction more people in the bible have been killed in the name of god than the devil. In no shape or form can this be considered all loving.

Furthermore an omnipotent, omniscient, all loving being wouldn't create the devil, hell, or an excuse not to save someone from said creations despite creating them.

-

Beyond that I'm pretty sure atheists are people too. And can only hope you weren't implying that any atheists here are crap.

-

As for as people being safe behind a monitor on the internet goes being bad... I don't see how that is. Its may be the only place they can.

Being openly atheist in an uptight religous family could see atheist shunned by said family.

Being openly atheist in an uptight religous community could cause said atheist to have to leave town.

And being openly atheist in an uptight religous country will most likely get said atheist killed.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

the problem w/ moderates, Muslims and Christians primarily is that they distance themselves from extremests all the while believing in the exact same thing the nutter does thus encouraging the stupid dangerous violence and abuse these religions sponsor. As long as you are a -pick your brand-you are encouraging the radicals that you share a religion with; validating the faith by sheer numbers.

You can't cherry pick the bible and call yourself a christian anymore then you can cherry pick the koran and be muslim. Your religion is a package deal and when you sign up to be a whatever you are inheriting and accepting all of that religions atrocities. If you do not do that you are not christian or muslim or whatever you are agnostic.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

So is it wrong to happy with the church you go to? Im no religious nut and I sure don't push things on people but I do like the church I go to and I do like singing in the choir :)
the problem w/ moderates, Muslims and Christians primarily is that they distance themselves from extremests all the while believing in the exact same thing the nutter does thus encouraging the stupid dangerous violence and abuse these religions sponsor. As long as you are a -pick your brand-you are encouraging the radicals that you share a religion with; validating the faith by sheer numbers.

You can't cherry pick the bible and call yourself a christian anymore then you can cherry pick the koran and be muslim. Your religion is a package deal and when you sign up to be a whatever you are inheriting and accepting all of that religions atrocities. If you do not do that you are not christian or muslim or whatever you are agnostic.

Underlining the major problem that is being the so called moderate is moderates do it for the sake of being part of a community. And if they let that go they most likely wouldn't be a part of that community. And if a moderate had to change their religion in order to be a part of the community they just might as long as they can still be moderate about it.

quote 2nd amendment here and i bet everyone will interpret it differently.

half of americans believe it is outdated, immoral, and barbaric.

but that doesn't make gun supporters nor americans as a whole guilty as those crazy shooters who think obama is taking away their gun rights and start out shooting rampage..like some americans have already done. let's not even bring up american citizens' extremist hands in atrocities throughout america's whole existence and world by electing warmongering leaders in the pretentious name of freedom. no sane person should buy that imo.

so back to topic, christianity has tons of different denominations in america alone because bible is long and complicated. if some say God is all loving, i'd say bull. it says clearly "how" God's love is demonstrated. but millions of ppl will probably say it differently. just look at christians' comments here. most of them will definitely disagree with my christian belief like they did with me 7 or so years ago. they'll probably disagree among themselves too. do i still think they are wrong? yeah. very much so. do they still think i'm wrong? yeah. do you think we are all wrong? yeah. of course.

most religions as i listed in the previous post teach about hell or some sort of consequences and punishment (that's why i listed it to point that out without being direct) but christianity gets the most heat because it's popular and it's easy pick since everyone heard of it, especially from media nowdays getting bambard as if all christians are from westboro chruch. i don't think soldiers die because of gay ppl. they are dying because americans want cheap oil. but 2nd popular religion quran also says i will be damned forever for being a christian. am i bothered? offended? no, i don't believe in their religion. they dress up in hijabs and whatnot to remind everyone that. but if i'm that offended by their words and their daily attires, i won't keep brining it up how crazy they are. it's their culture. it's their belief. what americans are going to do? it'll just make me look insecure that i actually believe i'm going to hell or they are all terrorists.

(i don't want argument who's right or not. my post was not meant to convince anyone. just my pov on why christianity is hated and misunderstood, and mostly saying let's not generalize everyone because we all know no one likes that)

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

If you are just referring to say a personal god then, okay. But what proof do you have that this personal god exist?

And a problem being this personal god isn't really personal, but in most cases a God belonging to a major religion such as Christianity.

So when someone goes & says their personal god is the Christian god & the bible is proof of the Christian god then there tend to be major differences between the two. Or in other cases contradictions are written directly in the bible itself.

Usually the Christian god is labeled as this omnipotent, omniscient, all loving being thwarted by the devil who is a lesser being that he created.

First contradiction is an omnipotent being can't be thwarted by a lesser being. If they in fact can be then said omnipotent being isn't omnipotent.

Second contradiction an omniscient being not having infinite awareness, understanding, and insight can't be omniscient. And usually the Christian god turns out not to be as such in the bible. Although he will still be labeled as omniscient.

Third contradiction more people in the bible have been killed in the name of god than the devil. In no shape or form can this be considered all loving.

Furthermore an omnipotent, omniscient, all loving being wouldn't create the devil, hell, or an excuse not to save someone from said creations despite creating them.

-

Beyond that I'm pretty sure atheists are people too. And can only hope you weren't implying that any atheists here are crap.

-

As for as people being safe behind a monitor on the internet goes being bad... I don't see how that is. Its may be the only place they can.

Being openly atheist in an uptight religous family could see atheist shunned by said family.

Being openly atheist in an uptight religous community could cause said atheist to have to leave town.

And being openly atheist in an uptight religous country will most likely get said atheist killed.

This right here is what I'm talking about. You don't even know what I believe and you are already trying to persuade me to believe something. Your last post also questioned me in a similar manner. I couldn't care less if a God or Gods where omnipotent nor should anyone else. What you believe in should stay between you and other like minded people. Sure, there's a time and place to try and promote your religion or lack there of but when people specifically try and start conflicts over stupid things like this it only makes me wonder what went wrong with humanity. The newer generation of atheists in general annoy the living fuck out of me. Despite the claim of them being the minority in the US they are still the more prominent vocalists on subjects like this. I haven't seen a Jehovahs witness come to my door in years nor have I had a Christian verbally attack me in person or online over comments or jokes that I've made. Atheists on the other hand go ape shit lol.

sig.php

This right here is what I'm talking about. You don't even know what I believe and you are already trying to persuade me to believe something. Your last post also questioned me in a similar manner. I couldn't care less if a God or Gods where omnipotent nor should anyone else. What you believe in should stay between you and other like minded people. Sure, there's a time and place to try and promote your religion or lack there of but when people specifically try and start conflicts over stupid things like this it only makes me wonder what went wrong with humanity. The newer generation of atheists in general annoy the living fuck out of me. Despite the claim of them being the minority in the US they are still the more prominent vocalists on subjects like this. I haven't seen a Jehovahs witness come to my door in years nor have I had a Christian verbally attack me in person or online over comments or jokes that I've made. Atheists on the other hand go ape shit lol.
So you only believe in it for the sake of believing it. And you don't want to be questioned on why you believe in it?

You have some problem with people being open and questioning others which is covered by the freedom of speach.

Um... You do realise that this forum is owned Sledge & LW? And neither has closed this thread. So how can this not be the place to question others beliefs? Especially when LW is strongly against religion.

What's wrong with humanity is some of us decided actually discuss this rather than cause physical harm or the threat of physical harm to others; whether its this life or some magical afterlife.

Describe the older generation of atheists if you would. And where they differ from the new generation of atheists.

Atheists going ape shit... okay... just out of curiousity is the cursing really necessary? If we are going to discuss this in a civilised manner it would be best to keep the cursing out.

atheists, regardless of generation, do not go door to door spreading the wisdom of quantum physics

Mormons go door to door with the purpose of converting new people to their religion.

Jehovah's Witnesses have a similar approach.

The Christian mode is to bring ppl to their church events and get them saved in the name of JC.

Not all atheists are pushy, as I said I have nothing to push. I can see us being on the defense though because commonly if you don't have a belief in deities the holy rollers think you're somehow influenced by the devil, which we also do not believe in and thus we roll our eyes at the stupid.

Atheists did not put In God We Trust on the fucking money I have to see all the time. I scoop loose change out of the washing machine and there is somebody's fucking god in my face.

Creationism is a fucking myth and anyone who has ever read a book has the power to find that information for themselves with a little research. Religious assholes want that garbage taught to school kids. That is unacceptable.

Religious assholes added Under God to the pledge of allegiance to my country ruining it for everyone who does not believe in a god.

Atheists are not allowed in mutherfuckin boy scouts for crying out loud.

If you're openly atheist good luck getting elected to a govt position. We have no representation in congress.

I could go on about how it is atheists getting the shaft, no wonder we're pissed the fuck off. I personally have no sympathy for those that make a conscious choice to be a part of a religious brand and then whine their fairy tale garbage isn't ruling the entire world. They can ass fuck themselves with the broom for all I care. These fucking religions are anti science and anti truth. I believe the way forward for humanity IS science. Our planet has REAL problems and no religion has offered up a solution to climate destabilization or our addiction to fossil fuels or over population or or or.... "It's all part of God's plan" is a load of irresponsible bullshit. Might as well say "I have no intention of doing anything to legitimately help the world I live in."

I'm not saying that all religious people are bad people. Lots of them do volunteer work to help others and their communities but these folks do not need a religion telling them to do it, they do it simply because they are decent people that want to help. Many use their religion to be a part of a community bigger then them, a basic human instinct to gather with like minded others for protection, security, celebration etc

We don't need a brand of faith to be decent people. Atheists are proof of that. The non religious are far more persecuted then those hiding behind a brand name.

religions all have the same message of convert to my brand or burn in imaginary hell for eternity. these scare tactics do not work on ppl who have taken the time to educate themselves. Hooray for 21st century science

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

*cough*

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7rYWmzQjc[/ame]

this is the sickening stupid shit reasonable people are up against

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Something I forgot to point out about gokuDX7's post where he states.

Sure, there's a time and place to try and promote your religion or lack there of

If you are atheist & need to find a time & a place to be atheist & you can't find a time, a place, or other atheists then according to that it is never okay to be an atheist.

To much to read, prolly read it all tonight. Read Chariots Of The Gods, end of story X'D

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

religions all have the same message of convert to my brand or burn in imaginary hell for eternity.

most religions don't teach permanent hell. rather annihilationism or universalism are more popular among modern christians today imo. i don't even think orthodox jews believe in afterlife. close/similar/other religions see purgatory or reincarnation as alternative punishment.

it took me more than a decade to convert to a religion that has a concept of eternal hell. that wasn't the only reason i converted either. but then again, if ppl don't believe in hell, it shouldn't bother them at all nor generalize in thinking ppl only convert because they are scared of only that.

i took a world religion class some time back (it's more like a history class i had little choice). i think it was good for me. it just gives you a wide understanding of tolerance and awareness of different culture/religion, and gives insight to those who never had a chance to step outside of the US in years. i had no tolerance for other religions before, but it gave me a sense that not everyone has to believe in samething to get along, whether you are religious, nonreligious or not. sure, i still think they are wrong but at least i can be respectful towards their variety of beliefs and expecting them to return me the same. so i recommend it to anyone interested.

----------------

btw speaking of politics/voting and religion, i will never understand gun totting nascar christians or gun totting atheists or whathaveyou. it's just a crazy violent american thing i'll never accumulate to my lifestyle. O_O

Edited by slippers

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

I had Mormons come to my door a few days ago, one wearing a Fox News jersey. Before he had even opened his mouth I told him I had no interest in anything he has to say, when asked why I pointed out his jersey and said that if he stood as part of a religion and then got his news from that pile of bigotry and hatred, then he was a hypocritical and needed to leave.

First time I turned them away for something other than my atheistic tendencies.

Khellv2.jpg

The holiday season is a religious bonanza, a chance for many of them to get their time in the spotlight, be a big deal in ppls lives for a while. Thats fine, thats great, but not everyone shares your exact beliefs and enthusiasm so please don't cram. Nobody likes being crammed. That is how you isolate people from you. If you said merry xmas to an atheist and they replied with you're god is not real Jesus never existed would you be offended? Do you have a right to be when you started it? No you don't, you were thinking of only you and your beliefs with no regard for the other persons feelings. If you were thinking of how your words would make them feel and you do it to make them happy : the christian says merry x mas the other christian says to you too, thats nice but if you're doing it to make someone angry, feel bad...cram... unless you need them out of your life, not so nice.

Santa is watching

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Her hair coming all the way down to cover her left boob - I think that's hot. Wait, what was the video about? I watched it on mute at work.

Her hair coming all the way down to cover her left boob - I think that's hot. Wait, what was the video about? I watched it on mute at work.
:sigh:

Is it really necessary for you to be horny this much?

Meh....

[ame]

[/ame]