Sign in to follow this  
HKofsesshoumaru

New to WOW

Well I finally gave in and instead of fighting with the husband over his WOW account I decided that it might be fun to play the game. Since I moved back in we have decided to limit our game play so we can spend time with each other/family/friends etc. Im so excited! I'm ready to see what all the hype is about :):cape:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

so yer back w/ the scumbag? have a nice life :rolleyes:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

sorry, that was rude. It's your life and your choice. I just hoped for better for you and I was in a reaaaaalllllly bad mood when I snapped at ya. Sorry :(

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

i liked wow

but i have a 2 year old and cant put the hours into it

it is like a full time job to stay on top of it

raiding 3 nights a week and raid prep, basic instancing, rep and gold farming

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

same im pretty much on a hiatus from it for now so i can you know...have a life and such just had to take a break cause it is like having a second job to get anywhere in the game

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Still on FFXI myself. Nothing against WoW in general, though what I've seen makes me hate most of the player, but the game itself was fun. Only have enough for one MMO, and I'm still enjoying FFXI, even after all this time.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Lady, I love you and Im glad you are looking out for me. Scumbag would be the old him and evil cheating bitch would be a good name for me to be honest. It takes two. We both fucked up and just want to work out for the kid's sake. Plus, having someone to play WOW with is kinda cool LOL but thats not why Im staying...There is a lot of work that goes into this game. Like I aint looking for a new addiction. I can just see it now "Hi My name is Lizz and Im an addict"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

I started at server launch

it is a serious time sink

met a good few ppl. but after 5 years i was the only person out of all my irl friends still on,

i miss wow, but dont have the time or energy to play

sigpic1620_11.gif

I think WOW is too complicated for me >_> ... I feel stressed thinking about games and strategy for those old school Sega Genesis or Nintendo/ SuperNintendo games even *watches a strand of hair fall out of his head* D'OH!!! Ze stress!! :(' *sob*

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I quit 9 months ago. Being a beta nub the game got boring really fast for me (especially since the end game revolves around raid, dailies, raid, pvp, raid, dailies, etc. Not all that fun once you do it for three years straight). Don't ever plan on going back either since raiding is bleh and pvping is just boring (plus my account got hacked last week while inactive, got it back but Blizzard won't reset the authenticator the hacker put on it so even though the account is mine I can't get in it. Go go Blizz customer service).

I fear for your future GG if you think WoW is too complicated. Pending on class and talent spec all you do is spam certain keys to do certain things that either damage a mob, heal an ally, debuff a mob, etc. It's all really simple (and very boring if your ranged dps).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Then you haven't arena'ed over a 2000 rating, otherwise you'd realize how complicated it can get and how much synergy is required between you and your team mates. I was one of the best PvE raid Rogues and Death Knights on the server, but I could still never play higher than 2K. There is no spamming in arena.

3-1.gif

I fear for your future GG if you think WoW is too complicated. Pending on class and talent spec all you do is spam certain keys to do certain things that either damage a mob, heal an ally, debuff a mob, etc. It's all really simple (and very boring if your ranged dps).

:huh: *got confused*

See!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Then you haven't arena'ed over a 2000 rating, otherwise you'd realize how complicated it can get and how much synergy is required between you and your team mates. I was one of the best PvE raid Rogues and Death Knights on the server, but I could still never play higher than 2K. There is no spamming in arena.

true arena play was a different experience

but BG's were a joke, and often combination of classes was too much of an influential factor at 2v2 3v3

to have the gear needed to play arena took way to much time to acquire though

sigpic1620_11.gif

Yes and no, all depends on your team set up. Arena imo was rather bleh as well and something that killed pvp more then BG's did (BG's tried and failed to bring PvP to the forefront (eventually turning it into a gear farming area), Arenas turned PvP more into gear farming then BG's did). I never did arena personally (the whole having a life thing kills your ability to do so, hence why I quit WoW because as we all know you can't have a life and raid or pvp in WoW) but my friend did and though he was rarely above a 2k rating all he ever did was spam heals on his friend to keep him alive (druid pvp heals with warrior arms). It was all pretty boring to watch and I could tell it was boring by watching his face while he played (when I still lived with him).

Plus most of my friends on my server were in the top Arena teams so I've heard how boring Arena can be (these were guys that raided 5 nights a week and were in the arena every day (in the top raiding guild as well)). Though good in concept I don't think the Arena was a good thing for WoW, it killed it as it made PvP harder (seriously doing Winterspring with people in full glad gear (newest season gear that is) made it harder to have fun when you were in pretty much outdated gear for the time.

To each their own though. I don't miss WoW and don't think I ever will. I originally played for the lore and story but considering how much Blizzard fucked that up the game as a whole was ruined for me.

I don't think they fucked up the lore at all. They simply adapted some things, not a big deal.

As for Arena, healing is about the most basic, straight forward thing you can do in arena, but in higher rated matches, even that requires a lot more than just spam healing. False casting is required to avoid interrupt lockouts, LoS'ing (Line of Sight) your partners as well as the enemy and balancing that is absolutely mandatory. Knowing when and how to utilize cool downs and shields is complicated when you have to know what every single class in the game can and will do in any situation. Having 40 thousand macros all bound around your WASD or ESDF is a must as well, because you have to know what to use and be able to hit it with half a split second.

Healing can be hard too, believe it or not. And that's not considering any of the other roles, that get 3 times as complicated. Need I say more? I could write you a ten page report.

But yeah, BGs have always been a joke. Hopefully, Cataclysm will fix that.

3-1.gif

:huh:Im SO confused. Should I be taking notes?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Sesshoumaru

Nah, just roll a Warlock and smash your face across the keyboard deliberately or with random fervor, depending on whether you plan on being hard core or a casual. Either way gets the job done. =)

3-1.gif

WoW ups and downs classes all the time

but locks seem to spend more time overpowered then under

Personally i find deathknights really fun

Hunters are fun aswell, but i never raided with one

warriors are painfully long to level as no healing or much self preservation as a damager class

rogues are awesome, but again slow to level and lack area attacks which is what the latest expansion is all about for damage

sigpic1620_11.gif

Nah, just roll a Warlock and smash your face across the keyboard deliberately or with random fervor, depending on whether you plan on being hard core or a casual. Either way gets the job done. =)

Now your simplifying my class, it's not that easy to play a Warlock (unless your affliction and then I have no respect for you. Destro or Demo is the only way to go as a lock, they actually require foreknowledge and skill to play). Knowing how to control dps spiking and how to control what debuffs are up and what time takes a lot of precision (thank god I originally rolled a rogue back in the day, controlling dps is easy when you've played a rogue).

Yea healing in arena isn't that hard but then again neither is dpsing (my friend plays a rogue, ret pally, warlock, and druid in arena. He has no life so he has 4 80's). I've seen it all and like I said I don't find it that difficult, especially considering how much of it drops down on macros and just reaction time (which most people have both if they pvped). I digress though, like I said Arena never interested me because it's just another way to farm gear in a game that's nothing but gear in the end game.

Rogues aren't that slow to level, all depends on what talent spec you use to level (believe me a lot of people do it wrong these days). I leveled my rogue to 40 in 4 days and to 60 in a month (back before the 2 expansions, with the lower xp required to level now it should take less time then that to hit the higher levels) and a month to hit 70 (never hit 80 with her, focused on my lock). All you need is plenty of bandages. Warriors I'll agree with though, they're harder to get up then rogues.

Nah HK, don't worry about what we're saying. If you don't plan on raiding or pvp in the future of your character just play and enjoy. This is stuff you worry about when you get into the end game (something your far away from right now).

I was being blatantly sarcastic and making a funny. =) I know damn well how difficult it can get. Warlocks had one of the hardest times during Phase 3 Yogg before the nerfs. Before everyone discovered how much easier it was to have them all be Affliction for that phase alone, Destro was pulling aggro from the spawns like crazy and either the locks or the tanks would get instagibbed when healers moved to make up for that. It was a mess.

But Arena is 10x harder than raiding, imo. Yeah, it comes down to macros, but you have to make them first. Know which ones to make. Make sure they are implemented correctly. Get used to their locations and know when to use them. It really is harder than it souns. I could never do it but with a few mandatory macros. DPS'ing in arena is a lot more than just spamming Sinister Strike or Mutilate. As a rogue, we had one of the most complex requirements to actually be "good" at arena. As Mut spec, you had to conserve your energy for just the right time. You had to watch for particular procs to happen and listen to your team mate to know when to unload. Juggling interrupts was also necessary. Gouge, Kick, Kidney Shot, Blind, etc. All sharing cool downs with either your own abilities or with your partners. These had to be called out and managed properly or you are gonna miss or waste a mandatory interrupt and get PoM Pyro'ed, or the like. It's fucking crazy complicated. It gets even worse when you are responsible for keeping interrupts on more than one target. Like being Subtlety specced and putting pressure on one target (Like a DPS/CC caster) and watching their healer pop in and out of LoS, Shadowstep to that healer, kick or gouge them, use Premeditation and Shadowstep right back to the DPS/CC caster and interrupt whatever big ass attack they had winding up, hoping you were too busy with the healer to notice. Then call out to your partner to CC that healer one or two more times while you finish off the DPS caster.

Good stuff. But it takes a tremendous amount of skill to do all of that and a whole more, especially in the higher brackets, on a consistent basis without choking or having a stroke. My adrenaline would get so high sometimes my hands would shake too hard for me to do my job. Its nuts.

So, to say that WoW PVP is a joke is really kind of unfair and a bit ignorant, if you haven't actually been in the mix. That's just my 2 cents and fervent defense of my hobby/obsession of 5 years. lol

Edited by Eli

3-1.gif

i liked wow a lot, but the time drain is far more then i can give

to get to the level of arena you were participating in isn't something the average player was apart of, granted it is skilled, and demanding and exciting

but BG's are boring, and world pvp doesnt exist, and WG is just a large BG

Edited by Kite

sigpic1620_11.gif

Sign in to follow this