Sign in to follow this  
HKofsesshoumaru

Cussing Kids

My 5 year old didnt like it when I told her no today and responded "Your a meanie! Your a B" She didnt go as far as to call me a bitch but just as bad. So I called her dad and asked him if she has ever cussed at him and he says "Yeah..she slips every now and then. It's ok. It's normal kids stuff." Um...I don't recall it being ok to cuss at my parents at ANY age. Even now my mom gets on me about my language (party cuz I have kids which I try and watch it around them). But still does anyone else see something wrong with this picture?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

oh yeah....the one time i actually did slip up i ended up yelling fuck across the playground in like 5th grade.....i had heard it on the bus that year....i ended up grounded for two weeks and a major spanking....^_^;....

from adults, it doesn't bother me....but kids have no discretion and no sense of when it's appropriate to use it......maybe if you just explain to her that some words aren't polite so you don't use them in front of people?

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I did not cuss in front of my parents until I moved out at 16 and even then I started mild with damn and bitch. Had that gone any other way I would have been eating dish soap (mom) or looking for my teeth (dad)

but

this is a very different generation. We as parents don't have it the way our parents did, we can't hit our children or we'll be dealing w/ child protective. I was investigated by cp when my son was 13 cuz as I tried the squirt Dawn in his mouth he turned his head and the cap scratched his cheek. The lesson was don't ever do anything physical to someone under 18 even if you're the one who pushed them out.

We were taught respect for our elders through a mix of love guidance and fear. Fear~one of the strongest motivators known to the human mind~has been removed from the equation.

Both of my kids cuss around the house or when they're talking with their friends. I have explained the best times and places to avoid such language and for the most part they do but they're teenagers not 5. At 5 they will mindlessly repeat what they hear and the best way to deal with it is to tell them the word they used is only for grownups, they'll have to wait until they're older to use the word. If the "why"s start, its 16 to drive 18 to smoke 21 to drink, work cussing in between. Don't over explain, just let them know children using adult language is not nice and ppl around them will not approve.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Considering the lack of discretion parents have these days about what they say around their kids it's not that surprising (I hear 3 year olds swearing in front of me at work). Hell I've been having adults swear around me since I was 3 and picked it up then. However, considering my dad put the fear of death in me I never swore around my mother until I was 20. I still won't swear in front of my father and I'm 24 and have moved out (goes to show how much he scares the shit out of me).

As Lady and Dubie said explain to her that using those words is a no no until she's older and even then it's still disrespectful to use those words even when you're an adult. I'm sure she'll understand (then again you'll probably have to have her father say the same thing to her because if she gets mixed signals between the two of you she'll probably continue to swear).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Its just a different form of expression my parents never cared much. And they are pretty right wing minded people they just have more important shit to care about, according to them, like drugs and drinking and driving to care about hearing shit fuck damn.

I laugh or think it's funny when I curse, so I don't. I have actually never cursed in front of my parents, and that includes calling someone a dickhead or a bitch or a bastard, etc.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Its normal for children to pick up things when they are young. The only way to really control or maybe even stop it is through some discipline. My daughter swears every once in a while...it is my girlfriends and my fault for swearing around her. I do spank her and tell her those are adult words, still dosen't really justify me saying such things when I shouldn't be either. lol. I'm quite sure that if I didn't spank her that she would certainly swear more.

I was never a spanker. It was time out or take away something for a while. It was effective.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I wish I could do that lol. With some children that dosen't work as well. I do time outs but she rather take those than being spanked. The thing about it is is that she'll do the same thing afterwards having taken the time out than if she received the spanking. My daughter intelligence is rated above average and her just sitting in the corner she'll just recite some of her favorite shows because her memory is nearly photographic. I honestly wish that I could just sit her in the corner rather than spank her. I'm glad it works for you, Ladywriter. Maybe you can give me some pointers ^^;

I think I may have done it once or twice in the heat of the moment. My parents never really spanked me. I know my mom used to try but I'd pull out the other wooden spanking spoon and chase after her with it so it ended up turning into a game in staid of punishment lol. My parents had better luck just putting me on a guilt trip anytime I did something bad (which wasn't often). When your young and you do something bad, hearing your mom or dad say "I'm very disappointed in you *name*" and ignoring you for a few hours really does the trick. I was a pretty clean cut kid thanks to my parents not over reacting or screaming at me over stupid stuff I did or accidentally said in the heat of the moment.

You shouldn't overreact too much since chances are your kid has no idea what the words mean. Just explain that they're bad words and shouldn't be said.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Sign in to follow this