Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

1408 Screenwriter Boards Pet Sematary

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=63925

Matt Greenberg, who co-wrote the Stephen King2_bing.gif adaptation 1408, is is taking an updated version of King's "Pet Sematary." Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Steven Schneider are producing the film at Paramount.

The following is how the 1983 book is described:

The road in front of Dr. Louis Creed's rural Maine home frequently claims the lives of neighborhood pets. Louis has recently moved from Chicago to Ludlow with his wife Rachel, their children and pet cat. Near their house, local children have created a cemetery for the dogs and cats killed by the steady stream of transports on the busy highway. Deeper in the woods lies another graveyard, an ancient Indian burial ground whose sinister properties Louis discovers when the family cat is killed.

Paramount brought the book to life in 1989, with a feature version adapted by King that starred Dale Midkiff, Denise Crosby and Fred Gwynne.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The first Pet Sematary movie wasn't that bad at all. If they wanted a Stephen King movie that badly needs a remake, they should remake The Tommyknockers, Needful Things and IT. Sure IT and tommyknockers were miniseries, but if any one of these 3 titles were made into a movie that actually followed the books (and were made with an actual special effects budget), they'd all be great hits in the box office.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Why the need to remake PS? It's one of the best movies that's adapted from his book, especially because it's got that sort of old school charm in its music, and style.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

they're re-make crazy right now ie all the shit we watched as kids is being redone now that the gen is old enough to remake the flicks themselves and cash in on it.

I don't mind so much the do over mania that has swept hollyweird; some shitz needed remaking. The superman/batman movies of the 80/90's that were pure shit for example.... Sci fi/scary shit will benefit from the better cg so I'm lookin forward to the Thing prequel and whatnot.

The It remake could be lousy if its told only from the pov of Beverly Marsh~ even if she is the only one who saw what happened to Patrick. The theme was lucky 7 not isolate just 1...maybe thats why we still gots no remake... A follow the book remake would be awesome.

Seems that the movie(s) I want will never be made... I want a Dark Tower series godamnit! Clint Eastwood and dare I say Johnny Depp(or RDJr) have got too old to play Roland and Eddie but w/ Avatar being a hit cg characters are moving into the mainstream and not just confined to Lucas films. The DT would look damn good cg anyway and that medium would add to its surreality.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers