Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Just How Big Is God of War III?

http://kotaku.com/5477036/just-how-big-is-god-of-war-iii

There's no denying it. Upcoming PS3 exclusive God of War III is a big game. But how big is big?

"35Gb of goodness," tweeted Sony Santa Monica Director of Technology Tim Moss. "Thank heavens for Dual Layer Blu-Rays." Dual Layer Blu-ray discs started shipping in 2006 and can hold up to 50GB.

For comparison's sake, Ratchet and Clank Future was around 22GB, while Metal Gear Solid 4 was too big for the 50GB Blu-ray disc. God of War III is somewhere in the middle.

Disc space can change depending on, say, whether or not the cutscenes are rendered in game or whether or not they are pre-rendered. Because it's not how many GB your game has, but how your game uses them. (And whether or not they can do that figure 8 move with their hips.)

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Meh, I never got interested in the franchise when it first came out with the original and just never really found a reason to since (I'm generally not into the God of War type game). I've meant to go back and play it but considering my PS2 is on it's deathbed (alas my poor baby, I shall miss it when it goes), I'm broke and can't afford a PS3, and I generally hate buying used games I'll probably never get around to playing it.

And yes, I know I've bought and played Dante's Inferno and it's basically a God of War ripoff (or for that matter a DMC ripoff) it's my first real jaunt into this type of gameplay (and I actually enjoy DI, tis a fun game even if it takes many liberties from the original poem).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589