Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Mass Effect 2

Anyone else playing this right now? Its a pretty solid follow up so far.

Things I like so far:

The combat system is more streamline and a lot lest cluttered. you don't have a massive inventory 10 and 20 of the same upgrade part, its been simplified and that is a good thing. Instead of having to buy the next best weapon 7 times and then go and equip everyone with it, Its done automatically. All you have to do is find/purchase it or the corresponding upgrade. (it can be changed later if you so desire)

Character importing from the first makes the subtle details of the story more rich. Minor decisions and actions you made in the first game are reflected in other scenarios

The graphics are sharp, If you played ME1 in HD you know what I am talking about... no more grainy picture.

Things I dislike so far:

The character level up system has been watered down to almost nothing. instead of 30 bars to fill up across 10 categories, you have 5 across 4 or so.. hopefully this expands later.. The only thing that keeps you from maxing out your attributes so quickly is the fact that the next step costs more points than the last instead of just 1 point.

The reloading/thermal clip system, I liked it when guns overheated instead of running out of ammo... But I guess this was done to water down the insanely overpowered solider class from the first... I'll actually want to play as another class now, and kinda wish I did the first time through.

The cookie cutter missions have been cut out, no longer do you have to drop onto empty planets to survey minerals and hope you find a geth trap to fall into for some sweet XP. The alternative, however isn't much more exciting.. now you just run a scanner along the globe of a planet looking for minerals. You need these minerals to perform upgrades on weapons, armor, and your ship. It wouldn't be so bad if the scanner moved as fast as it did when you weren't holding down the scan button.

So far the game is very enjoyable... i follow up my thoughts when I've completed the game.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'm loving it so far and my only gripes coincide with yours (with the ammo system really pissing me off, only 12 shots with the M-98 Widow pisses me off. Seriously I'm an Infiltrator and I live off of my Sniper Rifle, 12 shots doesn't cut it my friends). The class changes, however, I'm absolutely loving. The special powers each class gets make the game more interesting (especially Tactical Cloak for Infiltrators).

The story this time around is so much better as well, I've really been enjoying it (especially since the game is practically made for you to go Renegade, god I love the interrupts). I'm especially enjoying the characters you recruit to help you, the new ones really add to the overall enjoyment I'm getting out of the game (especially Grunt, he's freaking hilarious when you get him talking about killing things). The new romance options are also interesting (especially with the people you can pursue).

I've heard most people are disappointed with the ending (I'll see it by weeks end after I get caught up on homework, I've only got like 2 story missions till I complete the game along with 1 person left to recruit and 2 loyalty missions to do) and how it basically guarantees a 3rd game (however I hear the end fights are pretty fun). I'll post more once I get around to beating it as I've really only experienced 2/3rd's of the game.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I just got the planet scanner upgrade for the Normandy.. I certainly hope this helps, I have yet to try it.

Now that I have some new Heavy Weapons and all the ammo types, I am not regretting my choice of Solider Class. I love how the Pistols are actually useful. Your right about the Sniper Rifle though, but at least they fixed them to were you don't need the assassination power to get a good clean shot like in ME1. And yes the power's are much imporved. Having to wait 20 or more seconds in the first game to recharge anything was certainly a hassle.

I’m loving the game, but I also have the same complaints, I find myself sniping a lot more in this one and 10 shot for the first sniper rifle is really annoying and the effectiveness of the shot gun seems to have been lowered too, loved my shot gun in the first one.

1963607591_ghost-in-the-shell-2-innocence-402.jpg.69441a3a56e5166390a00ba498f0ed42.jpg

I finished this last weekend and I absolutely loved it. The ending wasn't all that bad, kinda saw that coming. It got me pretty hyped for the 3rd one. Playing through it again on Insanity is... just that. Insane. Freakin' loved ME2. Bioware scores again.

3-1.gif

Yes, A lot of people didn't like the ending... but what other way could you go?

I quickly got use to the ammo system, and I kind of like it now as far as being a soldier class. I liked how they fixed Garrus to be more reliable. I couldn't even use him in ME1 because he kept dying every battle.

Big plus that all the DLC is free for this game so far. I'm pretty excited about the 5 new missions.

The only downside is how boring the planet scanning was... Luckily you didn't to scan the whole galaxy to get your upgrades. I probably scanned 60%.

I just got this game for my husband just cuz Im nice like that. I hope he likes it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

I only played the first part of ME1, my pirated version has a bug in it that wouldn't let me access the galaxy map. So I did extensive reading on the plot of the first game and my wife bought me the 2nd one. Now there is that new add-on coming out as well. Should be fun.

3-1.gif