Instructions to make:
Juicy Lucy burgers
- Hamburger meat
- 2 slices of american cheese per burger
1) Mix up your hamburger meat with some seasonings like season all, maybe some chopped onions. (look at my other burger recipes in this blog)
2) Make some small hamburger balls to form into patties, one slightly bigger than the other. You have to make them smaller than normal because you will need two hamburger patties per burger.
3) Use the larger ball of meat and make hamburger patty, then break up two slices of american cheese per burger and put it in the middle.
4) Now make another patty and place it over the cheese and work the edges so the two burgers will cook together as one.
5) Cook those burgers over a medium to high heat to make sure the inner part of the burger cooks all the way through.
6) The burgers will shrink when cooking and the cheese will get very hot in the middle helping to cook the inside of the burger. One of my burgers busted at the seams. Instead of using 80% I should have gone with a 90% to reduce meat shrinking.
7) Let the burgers cool a little so you don't burn yourself on the hot inner cheese.
I spread the cheese around so you can see the cavity in the burger that is created when cooking them like this. If you can eat these burgers at the perfect cheese temperature, the cheese will flow with every bite and taste great.